Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

What I've Learned from Being Pregnant with Twins

First of all, let me apologize for not having posted for a couple of weeks. I would love to be able to post daily or every other day, but like I said, my posts usually come straight from my life that day and things I think you guys might enjoy hearing about. I occassionally think of something and post about it, but I generally get inspired from life. Well that is what this post is all about.

Since being pregnant with twins, I have seriously had to slow down, sit down, calm down, and try to keep food down. It's been interesting. When I was pregnant with Luke, I wasn't sick a single day, could pretty much do most things, and would just be tired at night. With this pregnancy, I have been sick and exhausted since before I found out I was pregnant, and since I found out they were twins, I have really had to let myself sit down and relax, which for those who know me, know that is not how I like to be. It's harder for me to relax and "do nothing" than to clean my entire house, run errands, and do everything everyone needs.

Well I have figured out that life will not end, my house will not turn into a dump, and everyone will still manage if I don't do everything. It's not going to be like it normally is, but we will still manage. It's been a great revelation. My husband has been awesome. He has picked up the slack, picked up dinner, and picked me up when I feel awful. I can honestly say if it wasn't for him, our house would be way worse and things would be a lot harder. I have had to let go of my guilt and let him help.

I know that the rest of my pregnancy and when the twins are newborns, I am going to have to let go of my anal standards at times and also be willing to let other people help me. That is really hard for me as I am the type that likes to take care of things. I am praying now that I will realize letting others help me is actually a sign of strength not weakness. It's going to be a good learning experience for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment