Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Baked Potato Soup - Tastes Just Like Outback's

I LOVE OUTBACK! It is in my top 5 favorite restaurants. Lee used to take me there all the time when we were dating and had way less expenses (ie kids, mortgage). My favorite thing there isn't the steaks even though they are great...it is their baked potato soup. It is awesome!

I thought it would be fun to make baked potato soup since I had a ton of potatoes. I got this recipe from Crock Pot Girls (they are great). It was just like Outback's. This could be a problem. LOL!

Here is the recipe:

Baked Potato Soup

Ingredients:

6 potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 onion, diced
2 cans (14oz) chicken broth (roughly 4 cups)
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, cut up into cubes
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1 cup milk, cream, or half and half
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:

Put potatoes, onion, chicken broth, butter, salt, and pepper in crock pot.
Cook on high for 4 hours or low 8 hours.
Mash the potatoes.
Add milk, cream, or half and half and cheese and stir until combined.
Garnish with extra cheese, bacon (bits), and/or sour cream.

1 comment: