Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Toy Organization - Board Games & Puzzles

If your house is anything like mine, the days after CHRISTmas look like a toy store. My family is big on presents and while Lee and I try to keep the craziness under control, there really is no use since our parents spoil our kids rotten. Since I can't handle mess and disorder, I have systems for toy organization. I thought that I would do a series on toy organization.

Here is Installment #1 - Board Games & Puzzles:

As soon as I open a board game, I check to make sure it has all of the parts.

Then I put the game together to make sure it is all there.

Then I put all of the pieces into different baggies (ie game pieces in one baggie, money in one baggie, etc).

I put rubberbands around the cards.

I like to put all of the little baggies and cards into a bigger resealable bag.

I put everything back into the box.

We have a chest for all of our games and I put all the adult games on one side and all of the kid games on the other. I put like-sized games together to save space.

When we play a game, we always clean it up the way we found it so that no pieces get lost.

For puzzles, we put all the puzzle pieces into a ziploc bag and then put it in the box. That way if the lid was to fall off, we don't lose any pieces.

Hope this helps!

1 comment:

  1. That's a great idea to put the puzzle pieces in a ziploc bag. Totally going to steal that idea!

    ReplyDelete