Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

Update and Post

I am so sorry that I have been gone so long. I had my surgery on May 11th. Everything went wonderfully. They surgeon removed the mass, ½ of my pancreas, and my spleen. I came out of surgery well which is always one of my biggest concerns. I actually didn't remember anything. I woke up the next day able to eat ice chips and a clear liquid diet. I left the hospital on May 13th. My mother-in-law kept the kids through the weekend and my husband took care of them until Wednesday and they are currently at my mom's house. They come home tomorrow. I have had a rough go of it – lots of nausea, vomiting, unable to eat, and pain. Luckily my husband has taken great care of me. Today is actually the first good day that I have had. We will see how it goes. I am not able to eat much and the doctor said I probably won't be for about a month. I guess that's helping my weight loss. LOL! I appreciate your continued prayers for a great recovery.

I like for my posts to be related to what is going on in my life so this post is about letting go. I am sure none of you have noticed my tendency to be controlling Type-A. I will admit that I am. I love order, organization, and I really love to do a lot of things myself. I have a hard time letting other people do things for me. God has really taught me a lot in the past 12-15 months about letting others help me. With the pregnancy, C-section, and loss of Alexis, I had to hand off a lot of things from housekeeping to meals to my children. It was really hard. Well with this surgery, I have had to do it again. I am happy to say that I have done really well letting go (besides missing my kids like crazy). Lee has had to handle the kids, the housework, and take care of me. Our moms have taken the kids for a few days and I haven't really given any thought to it (again besides missing them a ton). Lee even had to pack for the kids to go to my mom's house. He had never done that before. He did a great job.

My point in saying all of that is to say, if you are like me, Type-A, learn to delegate sometimes or you might have to someday. J

No comments:

Post a Comment