Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2011

No Ricotta Crockpot Lasagna

You are probably wondering, why make a lasagna without ricotta? I know what you mean. I love lasagna the regular way. My husband doesn't care for ricotta cheese. So I decided to try to make a lasagna sans ricotta. My dear friend, Juli, gave me a recipe and said to omit the ricotta and see what happened. It turned out beautiful so I decided to share. Enjoy! :)

No Ricotta Crockpot Lasagna


Ingredients:
1lb lean ground beef or turkey
1 small onion, chopped
1 small pepper, chopped (I used a little bit of all colored peppers)
...A few cloves of garlic, minced
Some olive oil
1 bag (2 cups) shredded mozzarella cheese (divided in half)
Parmesan cheese
2 eggs
1 box no-cook lasagna noodles
2 jars pasta sauce (I used the Aldi brand and it is awesome)

Directions:
Saute the ground beef or turkey, onion, peppers, and garlic in olive oil until meat is thoroughly cooked.
Drain really really well.
Add eggs, 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese (1 cup), and some Parmesan cheese and mix well.
In the crockpot, put 1 cup of sauce.
Put a layer of lasagna noodles (break to fit - doesn't have to be perfect).
Put a layer of the meat mixture.
Put a layer of sauce.
Repeat until you run out of supplies (make sure sauce is on top).
Add the rest of the mozzarella cheese.
Add some Parmesan cheese.
Cook on low for 2 1/2 hours (mine was done at this point).

1 comment:

  1. Hallelujah! Love this, I will be trying this tonight for my family and will let you know how it turns out. Thanks for sharing! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete