Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Our Cleaning Schedule

I don't know about you but I struggle to keep a clean home even though I really like cleaning and enjoy the fruits of the work. If I don't have a plan I find myself cleaning the same thing too often or not enough. I like having a basic plan for how I am going to clean my home and do laundry (as well as how the family is going to help). I have changed it many times over the years. Here is a post on How to Create a Cleaning Schedule

My Current Cleaning Schedule:

Daily:
Make beds (Luke does his and I do ours and Nathan's - he helps me)

Straighten up bedrooms (Luke does his and I do ours and Nathan's - he helps me)
Put clothes in dirty hampers (Everyone responsible for their own)
Wash dishes after each meal and snack (Boys clear, I wash dishes - Luke sometimes does)
Load dishwasher after each meal and snack (I do this, Luke sometimes does)
Unload dishwasher as needed (I do this)
Wipe down kitchen after each meal (Luke wipes table and chairs, I do counters)
Sweep/vacuum kitchen after dinner (I do this)
Wipe down downstairs bathroom every couple of days (I do this)
Vacuum living room every couple of days (I do this)
Straighten up behind ourselves (especially living room) (We all do this)

Mondays:
Change all sheets and launder (Luke does his and I do ours and Nathan's - he helps me)

Tuesdays:
Wash casual clothes (Boys collect, I wash, dry, and fold, Boys help put away)
Vacuum (Luke does 3rd floor, I do 2nd floor)

Wednesdays:
Bathrooms (Luke does his and I do ours and Nathan's - he helps me)
Change all towels and launder (Luke does his and I do ours and Nathan's - he helps me)

Thursdays:
Bonus rooms (Luke and Nathan clean up their playroom, I clean up my office)
Wash Lee's work clothes (I do this)

Fridays:
No weekly chores as we have coop all day

Saturdays:
Scrubbing days (working on doing 1 shower or tub each week so they don't all have to be done at once)
Clean out van or Lee's car (alternating)
Yard work (Lee pretty much does all of the yard work)

Sundays:
No weekly chores as we have church and try to keep the afternoons/evenings for relaxing/family time

I am finding this works well for us. We are doing roughly 2 loads of laundry 4 days a week and a manageable amount of chores.

I would love to hear how you do your cleaning/laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment