Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Started Our 5th Year of Homeschooling



It's crazy to think we just started our 5th year of homeschooling. My oldest son, Luke, is now in 4th grade and is over 5 feet tall and nearly 100 pounds. He will be taller than me before I know it. It is hard to believe that we have been doing this homeschooling thing for over 4 years. Here is a flashback to our homeschooling through the years. Let me grab the tissues.

This is when Luke was in K4/5 preschool (2010/2011)



This is Luke's first day of Kindergarten (2011/2012)





This was Luke's first day of 1st grade (2012/2013)



This was Luke's first day of 2nd grade (2013/2014)



This was Luke's first day of 3rd grade (2014/2015)



This was Luke's first day of 4th grade (2015/2016)

When I look at these pictures I see so many things. First, I see the faithfulness of God over these past four years. When we started K4/5, I had a newborn baby, Nathan, and was grieving the loss of his twin sister, Alexis. Through God's strength working in my weakness, we got through (and continue to get through). There have been mountaintop days and valley days. We take it year to year, month to month, week to week, day to day, hour to hour, and even minute to minute. I cling to my life verse, 2nd Corinthians 12:9 - And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

I also see that my little boy, who has never really seemed little, has really grown into a young man after God's own heart. He has come to know the Lord Jesus Christ as his Savior, has grown in his personal walk with the Lord, and continues to grow everyday. It is so special to have a front row seat to his life and see what God is doing and continues to do in and through him. I get excited thinking of where and how God is going to use him.

I see that we have changed our school room around quite a lot. LOL! We started at a small table in the corner of the bonus room, moved to a school room that has been moved from a spare bedroom and is now in our "dining room." It's awesome to see how we've evolved and gained in resources and space.

I am just so thankful to be able to homeschool my children. While I know it is not for everyone, I know without a shadow of doubt that it is for us. I absolutely love it. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment