Pages

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Organized Clothes Buying

Buying clothes has to be one of my least favorite things. I am not one of those girly girls that loves to spend hours and dollars buying clothes (my husband loves this about me ;) ). So I must be organized about it.

I pretty much always buy clothes at Kohl's. I love Kohl's. They generally have a lot to pick from, they have a lot of different styles so there is usually something I like, they have great prices, and they run lots of good deals.

I organize myself by keeping up with a list of what we need/want and I wait until they have a sale + a coupon + Kohl's cash back. When I match all of this together, I get some great deals.

Well, this week I got a 30% off coupon in the mail (I get this by having a credit card with them - the only credit card we have outside of our main one), they were having lots of good deals, and they were doing their Kohl's cash back ($10 GC for every $50 you spend).

I went in knowing I wanted 4 pillows, a pair or two of maternity pants (if they were a great deal) for me, some pajamas for me, a bra for me, a new winter coat for me, and socks for Lee. We found the pillows for $5.00 each, 2 pair of maternity pants for $20 each, 2 pair of pajamas for $27 each, and socks for $11.70. I didn't have luck with the bra or the winter coat, but I will be going back for the bra next week with my Kohl's cash. We also found Luke a small toy (a reward for his behavior and chore chart) and a little Easter decoration.

The total before the 30% was $137. After the 30% it was $96.00. I messed up and tried to add a $5.00 Kohl's Cares for Kids doll, but the lady said she would override it and give me $20 Kohl's cash (I LOVE HER!). I saved $150. Not a bad trip.

Please share your ideas for organized and less expensive clothes buying. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment