Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

Sometimes You Just Have to Let Go

As you guys can tell from reading my blog, I really love everything to be organized and clean. I love following a schedule and getting things marked off of my to-do list each day. I like having meals cooked each night for my family. I just love it.

But since I have been pregnant and especially once the "morning" sickness settled in, I have not been able to do any of the usual things that I like to do, especially cooking as raw food and the smell of food cooking disgusts me right now.

So I have just had to let go. My house is not as tidy as it normally is. In fact, I don't think I vacuumed or scrubbed all last week. The laundry is managing to stay caught up, but not as I would like (ie specific loads on specific days). Things are still pretty organized as that is something you create and it continues to pay off. My husband and son are great about straightening things up. Meals have become whatever fast food or take out sounds edible to me that night.

The greatest thing I have learned is, it is really going to be okay. When I feel okay, I will do a little bit here and there. It doesn't always have to be done in a particular way or on a specific day. If it doesn't look perfect, it's okay. It will get back to normal soon enough. I am just blessed that my husband doesn't complain if he comes in and there is a little mess here and there and he has to bring home take out every night. He is amazing! I am blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment