Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

New Program at Rite Aid

I am soooooo excited to share the new program at Rite Aid with you guys. Some of you may already know all about it, but I have been in hibernation a bit lately and haven't couponed at my normal level. Anyways, I thought I would share it with you and explain the details I have figured out.

#1 - You now have to have a Rite Aid card (much like a VIC card or CVS card) to get any and all deals.
You just apply and fill out an application. It takes about 30 seconds. Each time you use the card, you have to tell them the phone number you applied with so don't forget. ;)

#2 - They have a new program called UP Rewards.
It is a lot like Walgreens Register Rewards in that when you buy certain things (ie 2 Aussie hair products) you get a coupon on the bottom of your receipt that is so much money off (ie $2.00 off) your next order courtesy of that manufacturer (ie Aussie). They expire roughly 2 weeks after you get them.

Here are some tips about UP Rewards:
#1 - You cannot get more than one per transaction (ie buy 4 Aussie hair products and get 2 $2.00 off coupons).
#2 - I don't know if you use one coupon and buy the same product if you can get another coupon (at Walgreens you cannot). I didn't try it because I didn't want to risk it. Try to use them on different products and go back and forth (ie buy 2 Aussie, get $2.00 off, use the $2.00 off on Tide, use the $1.00 off on Aussie again...).
#3 - You can use coupons on the items that give you UP Rewards.
#4 - You can get Single Check Rebates (SCR) on items that have UP Rewards if they are eligible for SCR.
So you can match sale + coupon + UP Reward + SCR and get some crazy savings.

An example I have for today is:
I bought 1 pack of Pampers diapers and 1 pack of Pampers wipes. The diapers would have been $11.99 but were on sale for $8.99. The wipes were $3.49. The diapers had a SCR for $2.00 and an UP Reward for $2.00. I used a $1.50 off Pampers diapers coupon and a Buy 1 Pampers diapers get 1 free pack of Pampers wipes coupon. So I paid $7.49, got $2.00 Up Reward got a $2.00 SCR, so I paid $3.49 for the wipes and diapers (THE DIAPERS WERE BASICALLY FREE).

#3 - Like I said, they still have SCR and it works the same.

Rite Aid might just be my favorite drug-store now. It might sound complicated but once you get the hang of it (it only took me one day), it can add up to some amazing savings.

No comments:

Post a Comment