Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Quick Diapers & Wipes Run at CVS

Tonight, I made a quick run for diapers and wipes at CVS. The other night Lee had to get a prescription filled and get some meds for his ear infection, and he, being the brilliant husband he is, saved all the coupons that printed on the bottom of his receipt (he's learned fast that you never throw out coupons). One was for $3.00 off a purchase of $15.00 and the other was for $4.00 off Huggies Jeans diapers.

Well, Huggies Jeans diapers were on sale for $8.99 (normally $11.99) and I had the $4.00 coupon plus a $1.50 off any Huggies diapers. You can stack coupons (AKA use a CVS coupon and a manufacturer's coupon) so that was $5.50 off.

I also had a $1.50 off Pampers coupon and a buy a pack of Pampers diapers, get a free pack of Pampers wipes (awesome coupons to use together). Well Pampers happened to be on sale this week for $8.88 (normally $11.99).

I figured I would get the Huggies diapers, the Pampers diapers, and the wipes, and use all my coupons and save a bundle. Well when I went it, I scanned my card at the CVS coupon machine in front (always do this!) and it gave me a $3.00 off $15.00 purchase and a $5.00 off $15.00 purchase. The $5.00 off $15.00 expired before the $3.00 off $15.00 and was the better coupon, so I used that one.

She rang it all up - $11.99 for the Huggies diapers, $11.99 for the Pampers diapers, and $2.99 for the CVS wipes (they were out of Pampers so I asked if I could substitute and she did it).

She scanned my CVS card - I saved $3.11 on the Pampers diapers and $3.00 on the Huggies diapers ($6.11 in CVS savings). My total was then $20.86.

I gave her my coupons in this order (I say this because it is very important):
$5.00 off $15.00 CVS coupon(always use these 1st because if you give the coupons and get below $15.00 they can't take it).
$4.00 off Huggies diapers CVS coupon
$1.50 off Huggies diapers manufacturer's coupon
$1.50 off Pampers diapers manufacturer's coupon
Free Pampers wipes with purchase of Pampers diapers manufacturer's coupon

I had a total of $14.99 in coupons.
I had a total of $21.10 in total savings.

The total was then $6.79 including tax.
It would have been $28.99 including tax.

I SAVED 77%!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment