Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

Goal Price List

I've been meaning to do this for a long time. I wanted to post a list of what I consider my goal prices for things. This helps because I can look at "deals" and make sure they are really good deals. Obviously demand can make the price I am willing to pay go up (like if we are out of milk and we are at Harris Teeter, I don't care if I could save 50 cents down at Walmart).

Here's my goal price list for commonly used items:

Meats:
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts - less than $2.00/lb
93% lean ground beef or turkey - less than $3.00/lb
Pork chops/loin - less than $3.00/lb (I really love to get it for less than $2.00/lb)
Fish - less than $5.00/lb
Steak - less than $6.00/lb

Dairy:
Milk - less than $3.00/gallon
Eggs - roughly 10 cents/egg
Cheese, shredded - $1.00/bag
Yogurt - $1.00/pack (I really love to get it for FREE which is possible during Super Doubles at Harris Teeter most times)

Deli Meat:
Packaged sandwich meat - $2.00/pack (I prefer to get fresh from the deli though)
Packaged turkey bacon - $2.00/pack (I've gotten this for like a quarter before)

Produce:
Grapes - 99cents/lb (I will pay more if they look good and we want them)
Apples - under $2.00/lb (really love to get them cheap in the Autumn)
Bananas - under 50cents/lb
Watermelon - $3-$4 in season
Pears - 99cents to $1.50/lb
Pineapple - $3-$4 in season
Zucchini/squash - 99cents/lb
Onions - 99cents/lb
Potatoes - $3.00/5lb bag
Carrots - $2.00/lb
Bagged salad mix - less than $2.00

Condiments:
Peanut butter - less than $1.00 (I love to get it for like 50cents)
Jelly - less than $1.00 (I love to get it for like 50 cents)
BBQ sauce - FREE
Mustard - FREE
Mayo - 50cents
Ketchup - under $1.00
Frank's Red (we use this a ton) - 50cents
Salad dressings - under $1.00 (very easy to get for FREE)
Worcestershire sauce - FREE
Steak sauce - $1.00

Canned Stuff:
Canned Veggies - 50cents/can
Canned Tuna - FREE - 25cents/can
Canned Cream Soups - 60cents/can
Canned Soups - 25cents/can

Pasta/Rice:
Packaged pastas - 50cents
Packaged rices - FREE - 50cents
Jarred pasta sauce - under $1.00/jar

Breakfast Stuff:
Cereals - under $1.00/box (I love to get these for FREE)
Oatmeal - under 20cents/packet
Poptarts - under 50cents/box (We only get these if they are a super good deal)
Breakfast bars - $2.00/box (Luke loves these so we get them no matter what, but I like to stock up when they are a great deal)
Fiber One bars - $1.50/box (Again, Lee loves these so we get them no matter what, but I like to stock up when they are a great deal)
Granola bars - $1.00/box (Again, Lee loves these so we get them no matter what, but I like to stock up when they are a great deal)

Snacks:
Fruit snacks - FREE (I only stock up when they are FREE or super cheap as they are a treat)
Chips - we rarely buy chips so if we want them, we shop whatever is the best deal of things we like
Pretzels - $1.00/bag
A lot of our snacks are bought based on super good deals. We don't buy too many chips/cookies. I prefer to make homemade cookies from low-cost baking ingredients (flour, sugar, butter, vanilla, etc).

Cleaning Products:
Wipes - less than $1.00/tub (I love to get these for FREE)
Sprays - less than 50cents (I love to get these for FREE)

Laundry:
Detergent - 5-10cents/load (at least the load indicated on the bottle/box)
Fabric softener - 5-10cents/load (at least the load indicated on the bottle)

Dish:
Dish soap - FREE - 50cents/bottle (depending on bottle size)
Dishwasher detergent - $2-$3/bottle

Toilet Paper/Paper Towels:
Toilet paper - roughly 25cents/roll
Paper towels - roughly 50cents/roll

Baby Stuff:
Diapers - 10cents/diaper
Wipes - FREE to 2cents/wipe
Baby Wash - $1.00/bottle

Food Storage:
Baggies - 5-10cents/baggie
Containers - 25-50cents/container

Freezer Food:
Ice cream - $1.00/container (only buy when it is a great deal)
Frozen pizza - $2-$3
Lean entrees - $2.00

Personal Care:
Face wash - $1-$2
Shampoo - FREE - 50cents
Conditioner - FREE - 50cents
Soap/Body Wash - FREE - $1.00
Shaving gel/cream - FREE - 50cents
Razors - FREE - $1.00 (for the good ones)
Deoderant - 50cents
Makeup - $1-$2
Toothpaste - FREE - 50cents
Toothbrushes - FREE
Feminine hygiene - FREE

Please let me know if there are any other things you think I should add to the list. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment