Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

A Quick Tip for Spaghetti Sauce

If you are like me, you want to keep the dishes to a minimum when cooking dinner. I don't mind the cooking as much as the clean up. I try to look for ways to cut down on the dish washing (especially hand washing big things like pots and pans). Here is a tip for making spaghetti sauce:

Before:
Use 1 skillet to cook meat, peppers, and onions.
Use a pot for sauce.

After:
Use a big pot and cook the meat, peppers, and onions.
Add sauce to the pot once the meat, peppers, and onions are cooked.

This cuts my pot usage down to 1, uses less electricity since you aren't having to heat up two burners the whole time, and makes less mess (the grease doesn't pop all over the place, plus there isn't the difficulty of trying to pour a pan of meat into a pot of sauce.

Want to hear another trick?

After I cook my pasta, I go ahead and add it to the sauce as well to make it all stay good for that day and the days to come. Just make sure you cook the pasta al dente (AKA a little tender) so it doesn't get soggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment