Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Chicken Stuffing Casserole

Most of you know about my chicken stuffing pie recipe that calls for chicken, cream of chicken soup, rice, and stuffing mix, but today I tried something different and it was "off the chain" good.

First off, I cooked the chicken (2 lbs) in the crock pot:
http://organizedhomemaking.blogspot.com/2011/09/all-purpose-chicken-in-crock-pot.html
(The post about how I did it).

Then I shredded the chicken (basically poked at it and it all fell apart).
I added 2 cans of cream of chicken soup and about a half can of water and mixed really well.
I poured this into a baking dish.
I cooked a package of stuffing mix using chicken broth.
I put it on top of the chicken mixture.
I baked it at 350 for roughly 30 minutes.

It was heavenly. It is different from the chicken stuffing pie recipe in that it doesn't call for rice, the mixture is a little creamier since the chicken is slow cooked in the crock pot, and I cooked the stuffing rather than putting it on dry. It didn't have the crunchy consistency.

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment