Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Hot Ham ‘n Cheese Sandwich

I LOVE DINERS! I love that you can get breakfast all day, and a huge assortment of food most of the day. One of my favorite diner sandwiches is hot ham 'n cheese. They are so tasty (an no not super healthy). I have recreated them at my home and made them a tad bit healthier. Here's how I make them:

Ingredients:
2 slices low-cal whole-wheat bread
2oz lean deli ham
1 slice low-fat provolone cheese
1 tsp of butter (I don't really measure this)

Directions:
In a medium frying pan, melt the butter and start cooking one piece of bread on one side.
In a small frying pan cook the ham on both sides (I like to get it pretty warm).
Lay the cheese on top and cook the ham until the cheese softens.
Put the ham on the slice of bread cooking.
Put the other piece of bread on top and press firmly.
Flip and cook until both sides are nice and brown.

YUMMY!

This is so much better than throwing the ham and cheese on the bread and cooking altogether. You end up with cooked bread, melted cheese, and still cold ham.

I hope you like it. J

2 comments:

  1. Ashley - Boars head makes an awesome honey mustard that I add to my hot ham and cheese sandwiches. Its sweet and has a little bit of a kick to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey, I love Boars Head. I will definitely get that sauce. I'll be wanting them even more than I already do. LOL! - Ashley

    ReplyDelete