Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Baking Tips

With Thanksgiving and CHRISTmas upon us, I thought that I would share some of my favorite baking tips. I LOVE TO BAKE!!! I love getting in the kitchen with all of my supplies and ingredients and just baking away. I also (obviously) love to be organized with it. ;)

Favorite Baking Tips:

#1 - Keep a good supply of baking needs (flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, salt, vanilla, cinnamon) on hand. Stock up around the holidays because that is when they put stuff on sale the most.

#2 - Have a few sets of measuring tools (tsp, Tbsp, cups) and bowls so that you can bake more efficiently.

#3 - Use the same dry measuring tool as much as you can to cut down on washing. For example, if you need 1/2 cup of sugar and 1 cup of flour, just use the 1/2 cup measuring cup for both.

#4 - For consistency in baking, measure everything. When I make a batch of cookies, I use the same sized spoon to make equal sized cookies.

#5 - Invest in good supplies. Wilton has the best cookie sheets (I got my set with a 40% off coupon). I also like Pampered Chef tsp, Tbsp, and measuring cups. They are gradual so you can measure lots of things in the same spoon.

#6 - Enjoy yourself. Put on some music. Have a beverage or snack to keep you going. Get your kids to help where they can.

No comments:

Post a Comment