Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Preparing for Thanksgiving

I LOVE THANKSGIVING!!!! It is one of my favorite holidays. I love taking time out to really think about what I am thankful for and I am all about any holiday involving yummy food. As much as I love to cook and bake, I don't host Thanksgiving. We are going to my in-laws' house on Thanksgiving Day and my family's the day after. The only thing I will be making is homemade apple pie. Pretty easy.

I really like to take time to think about what I am thankful for. Each year, I write up a list of what I am thankful for to see God's provision that year as well as anything new that has happened. I love going back and reading them to see what awesome things God has done in my life. I encourage you to put to paper what you are thankful for as a way to sort of journal your life each year.

I also like to spend time with my family talking about what we are thankful for, not just on Thanksgiving, but the days leading up to it. It is a great way to really think about what we have and it cuts down on complaining about what we don't (or even things we do).

I would love to hear your Thanksgiving traditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment