Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

Peanut Butter Bite Cookies

I love baking cookies!!! It is my favorite dessert to make. I am always on the prowl for a new one to add to my recipe binder. Here is a great one that I made today for a cookie swap I am going to tomorrow night.

Peanut Butter Bite Cookies

Ingredients:
3/4 cup butter, softened*
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
Miniature peanut butter cups, halved**
**I used Reese's peanut butter baking chips and Hershey's chocolate baking chips (I put 2 of each in the middle)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a mixer, combine butter and peanut butter and beat for about 30 seconds.
Add sugar, baking powder, and salt and beat until combined scrapping the sides of the bowl as needed.
Add egg and vanilla and and beat until combined.
Add flour and beat until combined.
If dough is too soft to work with refrigerate a bit.
When dough is ready to work with, roll into 1 1/2 inch balls.
Press the balls flat and put the chips/candy in the middle and wrap the dough around.
Put them on a baking sheet and flatten a bit.
Bake 8 minutes on the middle rack and 2 minutes on the top rack.

*To soften butter sit on counter for a little while or put in microwave on defrost for roughly 15-20 seconds checking every 5 seconds so it doesn't start to melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment