Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Great Tip for Meal Planning

When I made/prepped all of our meals for the month, I had to decide how I would know what to eat each night. I am usually not good at saying, "We will eat _______ the 3rd Thursday of the month." What if something comes up or we aren't feeling that meal that night? So I decided to make a tentative schedule in Microsoft Excel:

28 29 30 1
MONDAY TUESDAY WEDNESDAY THURSDAY
Ginger Chicken Stirfry & Rice Pot Roast CHURCH DINNER - Meatloaf, Potatoes, & Green Beans Brown Sugar Chicken, Rice, & Veggies
2 3 4 5
FRIDAY SATURDAY SUNDAY MONDAY
BBQ Chicken Pizza Spaghetti Pepperoni Pizza Chicken Fajitas
6 7 8 9
TUESDAY WEDNESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY
Salisbury Steak, Mashed Potatoes, & Veggies CHURCH DINNER - Chicken Salad & Fruit Salad Leftover SS, MP, & Veggies (for Lee) - A,L,N to Greensboro Chicken Pot Pie
10 11 12 13
SATURDAY SUNDAY MONDAY TUESDAY
Lasagna Leftover Lasagna Crock Pot Chicken Noodles & Veggies Chicken Stew
14 15 16 17
WEDNESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY SATURDAY
CHURCH DINNER - Spaghetti MNO for Ashley - Eva's Chicken Casserole & Veggies for Boys Spaghetti & Meatballs BBQ Chicken, Rice, & Veggies
18 19 20 21
SUNDAY MONDAY TUESDAY WEDNESDAY
Italian Balsamic Chicken, Rice, & Veggies Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, & Veggies Chicken Parmesan Honey Soy Chicken, Rice, & Veggies
22 23

THURSDAY FRIDAY


Baked Ziti


I tried to spread out similar dishes (ie Italian, beef vs chicken, etc). I didn't print it. I just go to the computer and check the planned meals each day. I know what I am planning to have and if I decide to make something different, I can just cut and paste and move things around. I have done this many times this month as various things have come up. I love it because I don't stress as much about sticking to the exact plan and don't have to erase and mark out stuff. Yes I am a perfectionist about certain things.

I hope this helps!

I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR YOUR MEAL PLANNING IDEAS. PLEASE SHARE! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment