Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Payoff of Freezer Cooking - Week #1

Well after that marathon of organizing, shopping, prepping, cooking, and freezing meals, we got to enjoy our first week of freezer eating.

Sunday - Baked Ziti - Thawed, added mozzarella cheese, baked, and ate. The best part was it was in a throw-away container. Just a few dishes in the dishwasher. :)

Monday - Honey Baked Pork Chops - Thawed, cooked, and ate. Just had to add some flavored rice and canned peas and corn. A little bit of work, but the pork was already had all the fat off and was marinated.

Tuesday - Chick-fil-A - We were supposed to have Chicken Stuffing Pie which only required thawing, adding stuffing from a box, baking, and cooking up a couple of cans of green beans. Easy peasy. Luckily a friend of mine had a baby and we took that meal to her.

Wednesday - Stuffed Peppers - Thawed, added a can of tomato sauce, baked, and ate. They were really good. It was the one dish I was concerned about, but they were awesome.

Thursday - Ate at Durham Bulls game. We just switched out our eating out night from Saturday night to make up for it.

Friday - Eating out night.

Saturday - Chicken Meal. The chicken had been frozen in a 1 lb bag of tenders that had all the fat cut off. I just thawed it out and made Buffalo Chicken Tenders and frozen veggies. Super easy.

Sunday - Meatloaf - Thawed, added ketchup, baked, and ate. I made mashed potatoes, green beans, peas, and corn. It required more work (which is why I chose Sunday to have it), but we have a whole meal for tomorrow night.

I am really glad I did the freezer cooking. I am planning to do more of it after we run out and the babies and I get through the first few months. I am thinking about doing batch cooking in the future rather than marathon cooking since I will have two babies and not as much ability to just work all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment