Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Cleaning the Bathrooms

Here is another installment in my "Cleaning by Room" posts. Cleaning bathrooms. Some people hate cleaning bathrooms. Really, what is there to love about it? LOL! I really don't mind cleaning the bathrooms as a whole, I just don't enjoy scrubbing the shower. It's a little awkward and takes some muscle and time.

That all being said, here is how I clean my bathrooms:

Step 1 - Remove everything from the surfaces (stuff on the sink, the back of the toilet, the tub, the shelves in the shower, and the floor mats and other things on the floor.

Step 2 - Vacuum the bathroom. I actually take the vacuum and do the floor, the tub, the shower floor, around the toilet, and even the top of the sink. If you get the dust and hair up, when you go to clean, you aren't rubbing dust and hair everywhere.

Step 3 - Put toilet bowl cleaner in the toilet to sit for 10 minutes.

Step 4 - Spray the sinks down and scrub.

Step 5 - Scrub the toilet with the scrub brush and spray down with cleaner and scrub the entire thing.

Step 6 - Scrub the tub. I usually can get away with just bathroom cleaner and a sponge, but if it needs it, I'll use soft scrub and a scrubby tool.

Step 7 - Scrub the shower. Again, I can usually use bathroom cleaner and a sponge for everything but the floor. For the floor I use soft scrub and a scruby tool. A tip for cleaning the shower. You can do it while you are taking a shower. Get in there and scrub before you clean yourself. I've heard if you do that a few times a week, you won't really have to scrub it too much.

Step 8 - Glass clean the windows and other things that need glass cleaning. Here's a tip - I like to take the paper towels and wipe the bathroom down so it is dry after cleaning everything.

Step 9 - Mop the floor.

Step 10 - Empty trash.

Step 11 - Refill everything.

Step 12 - Put everything back (including fresh towels).

Step 13 - Launder the dirty towels.

I know there are a million ways to clean a bathroom. This is just how I do it. I think vacuuming up the hair first is the best tip. It makes cleaning up so much easier.

How do you clean your bathroom? Any tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment