Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Cleaning Caddies

The first couple of years that I was married we lived in apartments that were one floor. It made cleaning really easy because 1) we didn't have much space to clean and 2) I wasn't schleping stuff up and down the stairs. It was pretty nice. Then we moved to a two story townhome. It was a decent size but I could still clean pretty quickly, but didn't like carrying stuff up and down the stairs.


Once we moved into a 3 story house and I got pregnant, I decided that it was worth the extra cost to set up each floor with a homebase cleaning stuff space. I decided to put a cleaning caddy, vacuum, broom vac, and mop on each floor. It came in handy when I wasn't allowed to lift things. I could pull the vacuum out of the closet and vacuum in very little time and not hurt myself.


Here are my cleaning caddies:


Like I said, I have one for each floor. Each one has bathroom cleaner, toilet cleaner, multipurpose cleaner, a toilet scrubber, a sponge, carpet cleaner, dusting spray, dusting cloths, and air freshener. In the caddies for the 2nd and 3rd floors I put tub scrubbers and trash bags to collect the trash.


The caddies were a few bucks and the way I look at it all of the cleaners, sponges, and scrubbies will run out in the same amount of time as having one set for all of the floors to share.


What do you think? How do you store your cleaning stuff?

3 comments:

  1. I do the same thing. I have cleaning supplies for upstairs and downstairs. It just makes life easier. I also break up my chores by doing one each day instead of taking a whole day to clean. one day I vaccum/mop, the next day I do bathrooms, then dust and clean windows, and so on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danise, I am the same way. I can't stand to clean all day and not have time with the kids and be burnt out at the end of the day. I usually work on one zone and get that zone completely clean, but I am looking into doing specific chores specific days instead. It sounds like what you do is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this!! I'm going to do the same thing, instead of lugging stuff around! :)

    ReplyDelete