Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Preparing for Surgery

As some of my readers know, I am having surgery on Wednesday at 2:30pm. I am having a distal pancreatectomy and splenectomy. Basically I am having part of my pancreas (tail and part of body) and spleen removed as well as a mass on my pancreas. It's a pretty big surgery requiring a 5 hour surgery window, a 2-5 day stay in the hospital, and a 2-4 week recovery.

So with all of that being said, I am going to need to do a lot of prep and need a lot of help. So far, Lee is taking off from Wednesday through Wednesday to take care of me. His mom is taking the kids from Wednesday to Sunday. Then my mom is taking them the next Wednesday through Saturday. So I had a lot of stuff to do.

First and foremost was getting all of the laundry caught up. I need to be able to pack for the boys, Lee, and myself for roughly 5 days.

Secondly, I made a list of everything the kids would need at my mother-in-law's house. The term "everything but the kitchen sink" was coined for me. LOL!

Thirdly, I went to the store to get tons of baby food (not going to mess with homemade during my surgery and recovery) and formula as well as a bunch of snacks for Lee to take to the hospital (don't want him spending a ton of money on vending machines).

Then, I got the house cleaned. I hate to come home to a dirty house or have Lee have to do a bunch of stuff when he is taking care of me and the kids. Hopefully we will be able to go without a deep cleaning for a couple of weeks.

Lastly, is getting everything packed and ready to go.

Thankfully friends are bringing meals so I didn't have to go to the trouble of freezer cooking. What a blessing! I won't be able to eat for a while, but I am happy to know my boys will be taken care of.

If you think of it, please pray for me. I am definitely not looking forward to the surgery and recovery, but I am thankful that they did find the mass before something worse happened.

1 comment:

  1. Ive said some prayers for you. I hope you are doing well mama. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete