Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Saving Money on Formula

I love coupons and deals, but sometimes there are not always great deals on formula. When I can get a name brand (ie Similac) on sale plus coupons and check vouchers, I love it, but that isn't the case all the time. So, I have started using generic (ie Walmart brand) formula. It's a great deal. I get a canister that makes 267oz (roughly a week's worth) for $17.00. By comparison, a Similac that makes 180oz is $24.00. That's half the price without the "hassle" of using coupons or looking for sales. Lately my life has been very chaotic with having a newborn and my medical issues (which are thankfully getting resolved). I am looking forward to getting 100% back into couponing, but until then, I am pretty much shopping at Walmart and buying as smart as possible while sticking to our grocery budget. The main thing to me is sticking to that monthly budget.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if you have a Sams Club near you, but the members mark formula (which is exactly the same as the Walmart brand) It is right at $20 for 356 oz. Hope that can help you out!

    ReplyDelete