Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Healthy Fast Food - Breakfast Sandwich

You are probably thinking, that is an oxymoron, "healthy fast food."  I am not talking about the traditional fast food.  I am talking about creating our own fast food at home that is healthy and hearty.  One of my favorite things is going to fast food for breakfast.  I like hearty stuff (I am not much for cereal, bars, etc) so stopping is a great way to get something that will hold me.  Of course it costs money and calories.

Here is a great swap for those heavy breakfast sandwiches.

Ingredients:
1 high fiber, low calorie English muffin
1 egg
1 slice fat free cheese
1-2 oz fat free deli ham

Directions:
Put the English muffin in the toaster.
Put the egg in a ramekin (small bowl) and scramble and cook in microwave for 1 minute.
When the muffin and egg are done, put the egg on the muffin (it should fit just right), add the cheese and ham, and VIOLA! you are done.  :)

This takes all of about 3-5 minutes (faster than driving through at McD's for sure), is only about $1.00 vs $2.00+, and is a lot healthier than my typical breakfast biscuit (roughly 250 calories).

No comments:

Post a Comment