Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

How to Make a Variety of Pancakes in Practically the Same Amount of Time as Plain

In most households, each family member has different tastes. When it comes to pancakes, I know that my family of 3 has 3 different preferences. Luke likes plain (with a gallon of syrup), Lee likes chocolate chip, and I like blueberry (that way I can go less on the syrup). How can I accommodate different tastes without a lot of extra effort or time? I will show you.

I use pancake mix that I got with a coupon for really cheap (this happens to be Fiber One pancake mix - yes you can get the fancy stuff when you know how to shop the right way) that requires just water. I get out three plastic containers (again that I got for pennies with coupons) and put 1/3 of the amount of mix in each.

I then add 1/3 of the amount of water in each.

I mix it up.

I add a handful of blueberries to one bowl, a handful of chocolate chips (that I got for super cheap with coupons - see a trend here? ;) ), and leave the other plain.

Then I use an ice cream scoop and evenly place them across the griddle that my wonderful mom and grandma got me for my birthday. It cooks them evenly and very quickly.

I end up with a platter of 3 different types of pancakes with little to no extra effort as just making a bunch of the same kind.

Enjoy! :)

1 comment:

  1. Ashley, I am so grateful to you that you are showing how to make some of these yummy meals (really really grateful for the pics of the step-by-step!). I get so tired that I am making the same stuff day after day and truly appreciate you volunteering more variety! Hope those babies are growing well! I get to find out on June 2nd the sex of my twins! Strangely enough, I haven't felt either of them move yet! But they have healthy heartbeats so its only a matter of time. I didn't feel my firstborn son, Sawyer, move until I was 20 weeks along.

    Thanks again! Mynde C.

    ReplyDelete