Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Angus Barn’s Chocolate Chess Pie

If any of you have ever eaten at the Angus Barn in the Raleigh/Durham area, you know that they are famous for many things and one of them is their Chocolate Chess Pie. Lee got it one time when we went there and I thought it was pretty good. Well the other night, I went to a ladies get together at our Bible study leader's house and she made it. It came hot out of the oven and was simply heavenly. I decided to try to make it for my chocolate loving husband last night. It turned out really good, so I thought I would share the recipe. I was so busy I forgot to take pictures of the process and we dug into it too fast to get a pretty picture. So here's the recipe. Maybe if I make it again, I'll post a picture and share the recipe again down the road.

Angus Barn's Chocolate Chess Pie

Ingredients:
1 unbaked pie crust
2 squares (oz) semisweet baker's chocolate squares*
1 stick butter
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Dash of salt

*If you have unsweetened baker's chocolate squares, use an extra 2 Tbsp sugar to make it semisweet.

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Melt the butter and chocolate in a big bowl.**
Mix the rest of the ingredients in a medium bowl.
Add the ingredients together and mix well.
Pour into the pie crust.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.***

**I melted the butter and chocolate in a big glass bowl in the microwave.
I just did a minute and stirred, a minute and stirred, etc until it was well melted.
Once the butter was melted the chocolate pretty much melted into the butter as I stirred.

***If your oven cooks faster as mine does, I would do 30 minutes.
Also, the pie should look a smidge uncooked when you take it out. It's a creamy pie inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment