Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Setting Priorities

Priority – precedence, especially established by order of importance or urgency

I think it's really important to set our priorities. Each of us has a different life with different situations, different people, and different goals, so our priorities will look different as well. I thought I would share my priorities for each day and would love for you to comment with yours as well.

#1 – Time with God
Spending time with the Lord through prayer, Bible reading/study, devotion, and listening to worship music is my number one priority. I used to think that I had to get up at the crack of dawn before everyone in my house to have my quiet time. I never was able to do it and would at times feel guilty. I've learned that the best time for me to have quiet time is in the afternoon during naptime (for a few reasons – 1) I am awake, 2) I am not having to have a longer day, 3) I usually have a couple of hours to do it as long as I need/want to). As a family we are doing a devotional and Bible reading at one meal a day (either breakfast or dinner). I also read the Bible with Luke so I get a lot of Bible in that way as well. I pray throughout the day.

#2 – Time with Lee
Lee and I spend a couple of hours together each night after the kids are in bed. Sometimes we talk, sometimes we watch TV or a movie, and sometimes we just veg. I think it's important to spend time with our spouses. We try to do a date night once a month.

#3 – Time with Luke
I try to spend one-on-one time with Luke while Nathan is napping. We play or do art stuff.

#4 – Time with Nathan
I try to spend one-on-one time with Nathan while Luke is napping in the afternoon (he naps longer than Nathan since it takes him longer to fall asleep and he only does one nap).

#5 – Alone Time
I spend time alone doing things I enjoy – reading, watching shows/movies I like, scrapbooking, blogging, Facebooking, and emailing.

#6 – Homeschooling Luke
Teaching Luke is a major priority obviously. I do this during Nathan's morning nap to give us a nice chunk of time.

#7 – Meals
Making meals is a priority as for some reason my family likes 3 meals and a few snacks a day LOL! I try to make a hot breakfast a few times a week. I also like to eat at home 5 nights a week. Lunches are simple – we just throw them together with what we have on hand.

#8 – Laundry
Again, laundry is important since we need clothes – darn that Adam and Eve. ;)

#9 – Cleaning/Organizing
I like my home to be organized and clean, but it's not my #1 priority.

I know people are wondering about hygiene – that is obviously a priority. It just gets done everyday without thinking much about it.

Working out needs to be on that list. I hope it will be soon. J

No comments:

Post a Comment