Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Routines

As lots of you know, I love structure and routines. Schedules are really helpful to have, but I've found that sometimes trying to put every little thing in a time slot can seem overwhelming and if you don't do the dishes at 7:30pm, you start freaking out. That's why routines are so nice. You just have a set of things you try to do in a timeframe. I thought that I would share some examples of my routines. I would love to hear yours as well. Please comment. If you are willing for me to post your routines, send them to me in an email Ashley-webber@hotmail.com and they will appear in a post.

Morning Routine
Roughly 7:00-7:30am – Wake up when the kids wake me up (I know I should get up before them, but I don't)    
Start load of laundry
Feed Nathan a bottle
Make and eat breakfast (do family devotional)
Play with Nathan until he gets sleepy (give him a bath if he not already too tired)
Put Nathan down for a nap
Rotate laundry
Clean up kitchen and living room
Luke and I make our beds and he gets dressed for the day
Homeschool Luke
Take a shower real quick
Rotate laundry and fold 1st load
Straighten up and clean up a little bit
Nathan wakes up – feed Nathan a bottle
Play with Nathan until he gets sleepy

Midday Routine
Roughly 12:00-12:30pm – Put Nathan down for a nap
Make and eat lunch
Straighten up kitchen
Fold 2nd load of laundry
Clean for a little bit
Play with Luke (sometimes we do crafts or color)
Nathan wakes up – feed Nathan a bottle
Play with Nathan until he gets sleepy
Read books with Luke and Nathan
Nathan and Luke nap while I rest, read, blog, do Bible study, FB

Evening Routine
Roughly 5:00-5:30pm – Nathan wakes up – feed Nathan a bottle
Play with Nathan and Luke
Roughly 6:30pm – Make dinner
Roughly 7:00pm – Eat dinner
Clean up a bit
Roughly 7:30-8:00pm – Feed Nathan a bottle
Play with the boys until bed time
Get boys ready for bed
Put boys to bed
Do whatever needs to be done
Relax until bedtime
Roughly 11:00pm – Go to bed

No comments:

Post a Comment