Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

1st Couponing Workshop ;)

Tonight my lovely friend, Holly, hosted a couponing workshop in her home and had me come in to teach it. Background: I went to a couponing class a couple of years ago and got hooked. I couponed so much and got so into it that I would put some pictures and my savings on my Facebook. After I miscarried Thanksgiving of 2009, I decided to start a blog - Organized Homemaking - about homemaking to serve others. I also toyed with the idea of teaching classes myself. (People tend to do something new and/or productive when something big happens). It didn't work out at the time, so I placed it on the back burner figuring I would just keep going with the blog and see what happened in the future. My life has been consumed with pregnancy, delivery, loss, and newborn for about a year and some change, so I haven't done much other than try my best to keep up with the blog. Holly approached me about teaching and it felt right. The class went great. There were 7 participants (plus a daughter and husband hearing snippets). :) It was a lot of fun - we cut up a lot (no pun intended) and everyone seemed to enjoy learning the tips and tricks of couponing. Holly's husband wants me to come teach at his firehouse. I am really excited. We will see how things go.

No comments:

Post a Comment