Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

How to Clip, Sort, and File Coupons

A lot of people think that clipping, sorting, and filing coupons takes a long time, but I can tell you from experience that it really doesn't take very long. I like to do this when watching TV as I can't stand to just sit and watch TV. I usually get 1 or 2 papers (have been known to get 4 when there are a lot of inserts). It doesn't matter how many papers you get as you can stack and clip them in the same amount of time it takes to clip 1 paper.

As I clip the coupons, I make piles based on my categories. My 1st set of piles is very general: non-cold foods, refrigerated foods, frozen foods, personal care, and cleaning.

Once I clip all of the coupons and put them in the general piles, I pull each set and divide them into more specific categories (AKA my binder categories). I only do one set at a time so the piles don't get too crazy at once.

Then I go through each spot in my binder and pull expired coupons and put in the new coupons.

If I have the same coupon but it has a later expiration date, I put it in the same slot but in the back. That way you don't use a coupon that expires two months from the day you are using it before one that expires two days from the day you are using it.

This is an easy process especially once you do it a few times.

No comments:

Post a Comment