Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

Where Do You Find the Deals?

Most people think you have to take store ads and analyze them to death to figure out how to save a few pennies on stuff, but that is not at all how I coupon. In fact if that was the only way, I wouldn't do it. I don't have that much time. There are websites that tell you exactly what the deals are going to be (as early as a week in advance), what coupons to use, where the coupons came from (including links if they are Internet Printables), and what you should expect to pay for the items. They are fabulous!

1) Southern Savers - www.southernsavers.com – she lists all the deals for Harris Teeter, Kroger, Food Lion, CVS, BiLo, Walgreens, and Rite Aid
Southern Savers is my favorite website for couponing. Not only does she list the deals, but she has click boxes that create a printable shopping list. It is as easy as it gets.

2) A Thrifty Mom – www.athriftymom.com – she lists deals for some stores and also other thrifty deals that come along – she posts a few times a day
I love A Thrifty Mom in that she posts a lot of random things like, "How To Get a Free VeggieTales DVD" or where to go to get coupon booklets sent to you. She is out west so there are things that aren't applicable to us, but there are so many things that are that she is worth checking out. She also runs contests for free coupons and other neat things.

3) I Heart Sites – www.iheartcvs.com, www.iheartwags.com, www.iheartriteaid.com – these sites list the deals for the pharmacies weeks in advance sometimes
I don't really use these, but I thought I would share them.

4) Store Ads – compare the ads to your coupons
This is not really necessary if you go to Southern Savers.

5) Just go with coupons you want to use and compare at the stores.
I do this ONLY when I am going to the store already and I have specific coupons that I want to use. Example - I love Frank's Redhot sauce and we use it a lot for Buffalo Chicken Tenders. This is an item I don't have to get for free to entice me. I like to get it as cheaply as possible so I will carry them with me to Kroger and Harris Teeter (my main stores) and if they have it on sale or at a price I want to pay with the coupon, I will use it. I always have a limit to what I want to spend on certain items. I will do a post with those prices soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment