Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Something Weird Happened to Me Tonight

This is a weird post, but I thought that I would share it with you all. Lee and I took Luke out to dinner tonight at Jack Astor's. I have to say that I didn't really look forward to it as much as I used to look forward to going out to eat. I have been couponing and cooking at home so much (especially in the past couple of months), that I seriously almost cannot enjoy going to a restaurant and paying nearly $40.00 for the three of us to eat a meal.

I kept thinking, "I could get so much stuff for $40.00 at the grocery store," and "That would be 10 meals eating at home." I found this a little unsettling, but I think it shows how much being an organized homemaker can really change your outlook on things. I used to eat out all the time and never gave it a single thought until 1) I started couponing, 2) I started cooking meals at home more and paid attention to how much it cost, and 3) I really assessed our monthly expenses for eating out.

Just thought I would share. Lee is thrilled. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment