Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

7 Week Meal Plan

Some of you know that I did a huge freezer cooking session when I was pregnant with the twins in June (at 17 1/2 weeks pregnant). I made roughly 6 months worth of meals and my freezer was stocked. Well we didn't eat it exactly like I had planned since we ate out some (even heating up or making sides became too much at the end) and then had meals brought to us for 6 weeks after the delivery. Then it was the holidays. Well I figured out we had 7 weeks worth of meals (including having some leftovers, eating out one night, and going to church for dinner one night).

I came up with a list so that we wouldn't repeat the same meal before having all of them. It ended up working out great. I am looking forward to having 7 weeks of meals that require very little work. It will help our budget, give me more time at night with the kids, and clear out our freezer.

I am working on my plan for after that. I think I am really going to try to meal plan. I am finding that it might make life easier since I have more on my plate now and will continue to as we homeschool and God willing have more children. As always I will be sharing with my readers.

I would love to hear your tips on meal planning aas that is something I am still working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment