Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Grandma Reid's Homemade Veggie Soup

There is nothing better on a cold (especially rainy or snowy) day than a hot bowl of homemade soup. I love soup!!! This is one of my favorites because my Grandma Reid makes it and it is chock full of good veggies. Of course no one makes it like she does, but I can't get her to make it for me all the time. ;)

I like to make a big pot, eat about 1/3 (by myself) for a week for lunches and put the rest into 2 big tupperware containers and freeze it for later. If your whole family likes vegetable soup, you might want to freeze half and eat the other half for a couple of meals. I love to eat a grilled cheese with it (it's yummy dipped in it).

GRANDMA REID’S VEGGIE SOUP

Ingredients:
A few potatoes, peeled and diced
1 - 2 onions, chopped
½ - 1 head cabbage, chopped
2 - 3 carrots, diced
2 cans green beans
1 can corn
1 can peas
1 can diced tomatoes
1 small can tomato paste

Directions:
Combine potatoes, onion(s), cabbage, and carrots in a big pot.
Cover with water.
Cook on medium heat until softened.
Add green beans, corn, peas, and tomatoes.
Cook about 30 minutes.
Add tomato paste to thicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment