Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

It Never Hurts to Ask

Lee and I went to take my van to get an oil change today. I always collect oil change coupons and try to only get it done when we have a good coupon. Well there is a new Firestone near our house and they send out $15 off coupons which are pretty good. I needed an inspection this month so we waited until today to go do both. Yes I like to save myself time. ;) Well the coupon expired 12/31/10. :(

I figured we could just ask if they would still honor it. I knew the worst thing they could say was "no". Well they said "yes" and we still saved the money. The thing is these stores/shops want your consistent business (hence why they send the coupons). We would have paid the $15 if we had to, but since they were so nice about it, they will be #1 on our list to get oil changes in the future.

So, it never hurts to ask. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment