Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Lunch

Even though I am a big planner, I am not super good at planning meals. Like I've said before, I don't like to think too far ahead and know what I am going to eat because I get bored of the meal I plan and want something different. I don't really know why I am like that, I just am. I am the same way when it comes to lunch.

So here's what I do for lunches:

I keep a ton of different things on hand:
Bread - loaf bread, sometimes english muffins or pita bread
Deli meats - turkey, ham, roast beef
Cheeses - sliced and string
Fruits - apples, bananas, clementines, grapes, pineapple
Eggs - hardboiled (for egg salad)
Canned tuna and chicken (for tuna and chicken salad)
Hummus
Baby carrots and ranch dressing
Yogurts
Canned soups (or homemade)
Crackers (for the hummus or tuna/chicken salad)
Chips or pretzels or salty, crunchy things
Peanut butter and jelly
Mac n cheese
Condiments - mayo, mustard, vinegar (for the egg salad)

Each day I make:
Some sort of sandwich (PB&J, grilled chesse, deli meat and cheese) OR hummus and chicken/tuna salad and crackers
Some sort of fruit
Sometimes we have soup
Yogurt or string cheese
Chips/pretzels/crackers
Sometimes a little treat

Sometimes I eat dinner leftovers if we have them and they sound good.
Sometimes we have mac n cheese and fruit.

We just throw together whatever sounds good each day.

What do you do for lunches? Do you have great "brown bag" options?

No comments:

Post a Comment